This guide introduces the core Zebrunner concepts making up your organization workspace. For additional information on specific terms applicable to different Zebrunner entities, please refer to corresponding guides.
- Project is a collection of test runs and artifacts, produced in scope (e.g. logs and screenshots) or on top of their execution (e.g. reports and dashboards) representing a QA work for a product, project, or service. Each project can contain a set of analytical views representing a certain quality trend or metric based on test run data.
- Milestone is a way of organizing and grouping of test runs, belonging to a certain point within a project's lifecycle, that usually is a significant event, major deliverable or release.
- Test run
- Test run represents a collection of tests executed together (in a way, a test run can be treated as a test suite execution) at a particular time.
Test is an execution of a particular test case implementation at a particular time. Optionally and if applicable, test can be associated with one or multiple test sessions and vice versa.
- Test session
Test session is a group of test interactions with the application under test that take place within a given time frame. Selenium WebDriver session is an example of test session, however in Zebrunner you are not limited to WebDriver sessions only: you can define your own sessions according to your testing needs (e.g. Smart TV apps testing, gaming console apps, etc).
Launcher is a pre-defined configuration associated with a particular test repository allowing to perform parametrized test executions. Multiple launch configurations can be created for a single repository and multiple test repositores can be connected to the project.
- Dashboard is a collection of widgets with main analytical info on your test run results.
- Widgets are graphical control elements that analyze your automation test results, provide detailed test execution statistics and other important data. Widgets can be added to a dashboard from templates, allowing you to customize the widgets with the help of different filters.
- Test case
- Test case is a sequence of steps describing how to valudate a particular test objective. Zebrunner does not stores test case data, providing functionality allowing to integrate 3rd party test case management (TCM) systems instead.
- Issue (bug, defect) is a problem causing application to crash or malfunction. Zebrunner does not stores issues, providing functionality allowing to integrate 3rd party issue management systems instead.
- Known issue
- Known issues applies to a failed automated test that was reviewed by user and got linked to an unresolved issue in issue management system. Zebrunner will keep the correlation between a failed test and issue automatically as long as failure cause stays the same. In other words, known issue in a test run indicates that a particular failure was already reviewed and reported.
- User is a person who has access to Zebrunner workspace.
- Project member
- Project member is a workspace user who has access to a particular project within the workspace.
- Test maintainer
- Test maintainer is a user responsible for evolution (updates according to changed requirements or deprecation) of specific tests or test classes.
- Environment is an indication of where the application under test is deployed (e.g. stage, dev, production). Environment is used to label test runs.